Summer is winding down, but there’s still time to enjoy some great food with your loved ones. Spicy Chili Lime Tacos are one of our go-to recipes for family get-togethers. They’re easy to make and are a great, healthy meal.
Such an important part of delicious grilled tacos that is often overlooked is the sourcing. Meat By The Case offers quality seafood that shines with tasty flavor. With convenient delivery from Meat By The Case, weekend BBQs just got so much easier! This is our all-time favorite spicy Shrimp Taco recipe, with an avocado lime crema you’ll want to put on all your tacos.
What you’ll need:
For the Spicy Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos:
- 2lbs Shrimp
- 16 Small Corn Tortillas
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice (Approximately ½ of a large lime)
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ Tablespoon Jalapeno (Optional)
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
For the Avocado Lime Crema:
- One Avocado, Diced
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Lime Wedges
- 1 Avocado Diced
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Fresh Mango Salsa
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cooked Rice
How to make Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos:
- In a large dish, combine: shrimp, lime juice, cayenne, jalapeno, pepper, paprika, olive oil, and red pepper.
- Let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Lightly drizzle shrimp with olive oil prior to grilling.
- Serve grilled shrimp over corn tortillas with desired toppings.
How to make Avocado Lime Crema
- In a medium sized bowl, combine: diced avocado, lime juice, sour cream, garlic powder, and (optional) sriracha sauce.
- If possible, blend in a food dicer until rich and creamy. Or mash with a fork until it’s a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle and drizzle over the grilled chili lime shrimp tacos.
Let us know how you did. Share your creation with us on social media! Tag @meatbythecase and use #MBCVIPBlogRecipe